[ English / Japanese ]
Coarse manipulator for stereotaxic instruments focusing on driving outside the animal's brain. The driving by Z-axis control knob: approximately 4mm per rotation makes faster adjustments for leveling bregma and lambda, and faster retracting/returning from the dura mater, which will improve efficiency of experiment. For operations inside the brain, One-axis Motorized Stereotaxic Micromanipulator MDS-1 and hydraulic manipulator can be added optionally*. The X-axis is equipped with coarse control knob, which is the same as the Z-axis. The Y-axis (anterior/ posterior direction) is equipped with fine control knob. The upper body of SMM-200C can be tilted with dual angles: AP and ML directions simultaneously.
* The minimum graduation of the X and Z-axis is 100µm. This manipulator is recommended to be used in combination with fine micromanipulator (MDS-1, etc.).
* Stereotaxic instrument, GM-4, MDS-1, and SMM-HA, the silicon probe in the photo above are not included.
When the manipulator SMM-100C/200C is tilted in the ML direction, the end of the holder (electrode tip) may far off from animal's head. The attachment SMM-A is designed to attach a holder on the side of manipulator, so it enables the holder position without operating the X-axis. To this end, the holder (electrode tip) can be set to the animal's head while maintaining driving distance of the X-axis.
* The set-up example above: motorized MDS-1 and IMS-30 on SMM-200C installed with SMM-A.
(AP or ML)
(AP & ML)
(AP or ML)
(AP & ML)
* If you want to change the X or Z axis of SMM-100C or SMM-200C to fine movement, please contact us.
|Description||Attachment||Holder for Neural Probes||Holder for Neural Probes||Cannula Holder||Multiuse Holder||Multiuse Holder||GRIN Lens Holder|
* Brochure is available. Please contact us for more information.
|Accessories included|| Hex Wrenches (2mm and 2.5mm)
Dedicated electrode holder (with attachment and screw)
Screw for grounding
Washers for grounding (Bellville washer and flat washer)
|Movement range||X-axis, Z-axis||80mm
Full rotation of knob 4.2mm
Minimum graduation 100µm (Vernier Scale)
Full rotation of knob 1mm
Minimum graduation 10µm
|Dimensions/Weight||W85 × D162 × H286mm, 2.0kg|